DIY CHRISTMAS VILLAGE
'Tis the season! I'm all about that cheap and cheerful holiday decor, that looks cheerful, but not cheap! I spotted these little wood houses at Dollarama and created a little white and gold Dunn-Vegas village, full of glitter and glam for only $30.25!!
This project was really fun because there are no rules when you're making your own village--simply choose a colour palette, shop your palette or find supplies around the house and go for it!
// HOW TO //
Here are some basic steps I took to make my village:
1. I stained the houses with Minwax Stain 'Weathered Oak' using a foam brush and let them dry overnight.
2. Decorate! Go to town with paint, glitter glue, fake berries, acrylic snowflakes, anything really!
3. I glue-gunned faux fur to the bases of each of the houses to look like snow, as well as on some of the roofs.
4. I went back and added more details to each house!
5. I styled the village using the trees from Dollarama and added some twinkle with a garland and white lights!
// SUPPLIES //
Here's the cost breakdown:
I purchased all of these items at Dollarama...
4 x wooden houses $3.50 each = $14.00
1 x pack of 4 mini gold trees $2.50
1 x pack of 2 mini green trees $2.50
1 x large gold tree $3.00
1 x faux fur roll $3.00
1 x pack of acrylic snowflakes $1.25
1 x decorative stem $1.50
2 x strands of white pompoms $1.25 each = $2.50
*already had on hand*
1 x tube of gold glitter glue
1 x tube of white acrylic paint
1 x glue gun
1 x paint brush
1 x pint of minwax 'weathered oak' stain
1 x foam brush
garland and twinkle lights for styling!
Happy crafting and stay tuned for more holiday DIY projects!